5/04/2007

Shelter from the Strom

This is kind of amusing. I stumbled across this picture of Cheney getting off of a plane in Kabul. Beautiful scene, isn't it? Look at those mountains. I wish I could go there. Maybe some day.

But did you see the name of the plane? You may have to click on the picture to get it full sized. Go ahead, try it. I'll wait here.

AHH!!! What a horrible ghost to be stuck with on a long flight! And what exactly is that supposed to mean anyway? The plane flies with a certain quality as best represented by: "The Spirit of Strom Thurmond"??? It is 100 years old, yet still is pressed into duty? The plane conducts record-setting filibusters? A C-17 will run for president under the segregationist cause? The jet has a illegitimate, "racially embarrassing" daughter? It's boyhood nickname was "Banjo"???

Anyway. I humbly submit this as further evidence that the world is a really weird place.

[photo found here]

No comments: